Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 18th, 2018, 8:53am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Communities in Cornell
   Upper Cornell
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   DOG POOP!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DOG POOP!  (Read 3151 times)
McFly

Email

DOG POOP!
« on: Jun 4th, 2008, 9:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dear Upper Cornellians,

I live on the corner of Bur Oak and Pike Lane. Since I moved in last year, I have had to clean up numerous piles of sh!t off my lawn. I am fed up! It's been ok gfor a while now until 2 weks ago. The last 2 piles have come from the same dog - I know because I inspect !t. From that crap I can tell it's a big dog and greyish or brown in fur! If this is your dog, clean it up! For all dog owners who are doing the right thing, please ignore this.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2008, 10:43pm by Rich_and_Val » IP Logged
Night_Watch
New Villager

Re: DOG POOP!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 7th, 2008, 8:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yeah, I have to do that on my front lawn too. I hope one day I'll see that dog owner who is so irresponsable,and I will follow him home and take back all of his doggy's poop and put it in front oftheir main entrance, then knock the door and say I've returned what belongs to him.... Angry
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2008, 8:42am by Night_Watch » IP Logged
amiyum
Supreme Villager

« Reply #2 on: Jun 8th, 2008, 6:16pm »

I've been experiencing similar issues since last summer in Cornell Village. I  know if its cat, dog or raccoon feces, but it is annoying and upsetting to deal with this all the time
IP Logged
srider
New Villager

« Reply #3 on: Jun 9th, 2008, 6:15pm »

I here you. I too have "stuff" to remove from my yard at least once a week. Mine is from smaller dog though.
IP Logged
Otis
New Villager

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10th, 2008, 12:27pm »

How about posting a sign on your lawn if you are not able to catch the dog owner in person?
IP Logged
MandC
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Aug 12th, 2008, 12:59pm »

My neighbor's dog, very often, comes over and poo on our lawn (we don't have fences yet).  We've spoke to him numerous time about it.  The pooing stop for a few weeks and then start again.  I'm tired of complaining.  Any suggestions on what else I can do?
IP Logged
brownie
Supreme Villager

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12th, 2008, 2:39pm »

on Aug 12th, 2008, 12:59pm, MandC wrote:
My neighbor's dog, very often, comes over and poo on our lawn (we don't have fences yet). We've spoke to him numerous time about it. The pooing stop for a few weeks and then start again. I'm tired of complaining. Any suggestions on what else I can do?

Do what my dad used to do...pick up the poo (with a rubber glove), and place it on your neighbour's front doorstep.  They should realize pretty quickly that you're fed up.

If that doesn't work, then slowly escalate your actions until they get the message.

At one of my previous houses, the neighbours trained their dog to crawl under the fence and poo in our backyard...when civil methods like talking to the neighbour proved to be ineffective, my dad started placing the poo on their front doorstep.  When that didn't work, he started smearing it on the doorstep.  When that didn't work, he started throwing it against the side of their house about 15 feet up.  After spending a weekend with a power washer trying to clean dried up dog poo off their brick siding, they finally decided to retrain their dog...
IP Logged
Shaun_C
Supreme Villager

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12th, 2008, 2:42pm »

on Aug 12th, 2008, 2:39pm, brownie wrote:

If that doesn't work, then slowly escalate your actions until they get the message.

At one of my previous houses, the neighbours trained their dog to crawl under the fence and poo in our backyard...when civil methods like talking to the neighbour proved to be ineffective, my dad started placing the poo on their front doorstep. When that didn't work, he started smearing it on the doorstep. When that didn't work, he started throwing it against the side of their house about 15 feet up. After spending a weekend with a power washer trying to clean dried up dog poo off their brick siding, they finally decided to retrain their dog...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Cheesy
IP Logged
Glen River
Supreme Villager

Long Live Cornell

« Reply #8 on: Aug 13th, 2008, 9:36am »

If you know the time the doog poos, wait for it and hose it with water or buy a slingshot from the dollar store... Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2008, 2:53pm by Glen River » IP Logged
cornellbuffalo
Outstanding Villager

Remember the golden rule - or Karma will get ya.

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14th, 2008, 8:37am »

Brownie, that is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH from me as well.

Buffy.
IP Logged
VillageDude
Villager

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14th, 2008, 10:32am »

As a dog owner who never leaves his pet's "Stuff" lying around others lawn - I have to add a couple of points:

1) Putting up any sign like "no dogs" or "don't stop" on your lawn is fine, but when you put it on the boulevard you are just asking to have every single dog in the area make a pit stop.  For those of you that put these signs up on the boulevard - keep in mind that this is not part of your property - it is the town - pet's are allowed to make their pit stops on it.   HOWEVER, I do agree that there are some owners who shouldn't have pets (the ones that don't pick up after them) - and I know how frustrating it is - as I too have had little surprises left on my lawn.

2)  A word of caution to Glen River- do not even joke about hurting an animal on this site - as many pet owners will look at that as a threatening statement - and report you.  

As much as I can appreciate your frustration, keep in mind that it's not the dog's fault their stuff wasn't picked up - it was the owners.  If you are going to launch an attack on anyone, make it the owner - not a helpless animal.

As for MandC's problem - I would suggest filing a complaint with the town, providing all the required information.  This also is for everyone else - if you constantly have little gifts left for you on your lawn AND you know who is doing it - simply contact the town - the culprit will be given a nice fine - which will hopefully help them reconsider picking up after their dog.

IP Logged
budweiser8
Supreme Villager

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14th, 2008, 9:24pm »

We also live in one of the corner houses along Bur Oak and it seems that we have the same poop problem with canines. I must say that I agree with Upper Villager that its the pet owner who is at fault. Glen River's point of view, although meant to be a humorous remark may be taken the wrong way by most people.

Do what my husband did. He got the video camera out on a tripod and caught the culprits. Yes, he got 2 dog owners on film and they live relatively close by. He wanted to post the videos online but I convinced him to be neighbourly and talk to the dog owners and show them the video. There has been no repeats so far and there have been no poops since then. Maybe they warned other dog owners about the video cam. It helps when there is physical evidence.

IP Logged

Tough times don't last...tough people do.
Cornell_in_progres
Outstanding Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Aug 15th, 2008, 11:25am »

on Aug 14th, 2008, 10:32am, Upper Villager wrote:
2) A word of caution to Glen River- do not even joke about hurting an animal on this site - as many pet owners will look at that as a threatening statement - and report you.

Maybe GR did not want to use the slingshot against the animal Grin (just joking, but I could not resist)
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2008, 11:25am by Cornell_in_progres » IP Logged
simOn
Supreme Villager

« Reply #13 on: May 12th, 2009, 10:37am »

Aww, I want to own a dog.

A Jack Russell Terrier for say, but I don't think I have the financial stability for that at the moment. I don't live at a corner lot, but my house does have a fire hydrant in front of it. Will it be stained with stinky pee?

I hope not.

I feel bad for those who got dog poo on their lawn, my parents have a dog and I walk him some times. I ALWAYS pick up his doodoo even if I wasn't ready for his doings, I will run back to grab a bag and clean it up.

But I'll bet sometimes the kids probably take the dogs out for a walk and they don't really have the heart to pick it up knowing that poo is usually the nasty part that no one wants to touch.

Good luck with it all. Smiley
IP Logged

Cornell Villager!
SW20_MR2
Supreme Villager

I don't love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: May 12th, 2009, 11:05am »

This is exactly what I'm going to do.  Glad it worked out for you. Smiley

on Aug 14th, 2008, 9:24pm, budweiser8 wrote:

Do what my husband did. He got the video camera out on a tripod and caught the culprits. Yes, he got 2 dog owners on film and they live relatively close by. He wanted to post the videos online but I convinced him to be neighbourly and talk to the dog owners and show them the video. There has been no repeats so far and there have been no poops since then. Maybe they warned other dog owners about the video cam. It helps when there is physical evidence.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »