Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2018, 11:00pm
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Communities in Cornell
   Upper Cornell
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Who's moving into the UC new phase this year?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Who's moving into the UC new phase this year?  (Read 3245 times)
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Who's moving into the UC new phase this year?
« on: Mar 14th, 2013, 9:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi members,

Just thought it would be a great idea to start off a thread for those who will be moving into the new AspenRidge Phase behind Country Glen / Buroak this year. Hoping this thread will be a place where us new home owners can share their experiences and issues during the process.  

As far as issues, so far the only one I have is that my closing date has been delayed as expected.
IP Logged
SamH
Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Who's moving into the UC new phase this year?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2013, 1:07pm »

count me in! meowiejuie,  Grin Grin
IP Logged
ttx1
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2013, 1:15pm »

Hi!Smiley my closing has been delayed till August. I see a lot of work has been done since the past month. The bricks and exterior are almost done.
IP Logged
ttx1
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2013, 1:26pm »

One thing I realized until now was the door at the backyard entry. It looks like it's a single door entry. Was that supposed to be an upgrade to have double door entry/Sliding doors? (the last phase all look like have double rear door entries as standard) This is one thing i m quite disappointed.
IP Logged
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18th, 2013, 8:46am »

on Mar 16th, 2013, 1:26pm, ttx1 wrote:
One thing I realized until now was the door at the backyard entry. It looks like it's a single door entry. Was that supposed to be an upgrade to have double door entry/Sliding doors? (the last phase all look like have double rear door entries as standard) This is one thing i m quite disappointed.

Hi TTX1,  

My closing has been postpone from MAY to AUG as well. The new phase no longer comes with double french door for the back. You can take a look at the latest model layout plan on the sales booklet and it shows a single door and a window on the side. The old phases did include the double door but looks like builder made some modifications since the last phase behind the sales office.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2013, 8:49am by meowiejuie » IP Logged
ttx1
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18th, 2013, 9:43am »

Hi meowiejuie,

When I went to the site the past weekend. I do see some units have double french door entry patio for the same floor plan (bishop). I think that's probably a structure upgrade. The only thing I m frustrated is what it says on the structural upgrade sheets. I don't see this option anywhere, except "delete patio sliding door and replace double french door for $850" this is quite misleading. It should have said "delete single door" instead. I think they probably just used the the structural upgrade sheets from the last phase. and did not update this option. And the decor coordinator didn't even mention for this upgrade either.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2013, 9:49am by ttx1 » IP Logged
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18th, 2013, 10:23am »

on Mar 18th, 2013, 9:43am, ttx1 wrote:
Hi meowiejuie,

When I went to the site the past weekend. I do see some units have double french door entry patio for the same floor plan (bishop). I think that's probably a structure upgrade. The only thing I m frustrated is what it says on the structural upgrade sheets. I don't see this option anywhere, except "delete patio sliding door and replace double french door for $850" this is quite misleading. It should have said "delete single door" instead. I think they probably just used the the structural upgrade sheets from the last phase. and did not update this option. And the decor coordinator didn't even mention for this upgrade either.

The units that you see with double doors are definitly an upgrade. I've looked at the Bishop Plan and it shows only a single french door. The thing with the upgrade appointment is alot of times the rep only recommends COMMON items and some other items may require research on our end. Funny enough, I did considered getting the double door but decided to left it the way it is. I did however upgraded the front doors to taller french door.
IP Logged
ttx1
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18th, 2013, 12:38pm »

may I know what floor plan your have? I dont see it anywhere for a taller front entry upgrade anywhere in my structural upgrade, and how much is the upgrade?
As for double entry Fench door to patio. I just thought it would make the space look wider and brighter. I wished my decor coordinator could hv discussed about this upgrade at that time.
IP Logged
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18th, 2013, 1:03pm »

on Mar 18th, 2013, 12:38pm, ttx1 wrote:
may I know what floor plan your have? I dont see it anywhere for a taller front entry upgrade anywhere in my structural upgrade, and how much is the upgrade?
As for double entry Fench door to patio. I just thought it would make the space look wider and brighter. I wished my decor coordinator could hv discussed about this upgrade at that time.

We purchased the Louie floorplan. The decor rep did not mention the tall door upgrade but I notice it when I was driving around the neighbourhood and saw it on other houses. The price was not bad. The 2 bigger doors gives a more GRAND appeal.
IP Logged
ttx1
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 18th, 2013, 1:35pm »

nice! good to know you made this upgrade. It's well worth it. It's good you mentioned it to the decor about it yourself.
I have only asked for double front door option. but they told me it cannot be done for bishop floor plan. I m very regret that I should have asked about double patio door as well.
I just got an email from Aspen Ridge today to notify me about the pre-dry wall walk through. I will make an appointment for it.
anyways. I guess I just have to be extra careful next time from the lesson I have learned this time.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2013, 1:36pm by ttx1 » IP Logged
SamH
Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Mar 18th, 2013, 1:46pm »

I bought a Louie too... but we did not upgrade to double door.... wife opposed to the idea...   Cry

on Mar 18th, 2013, 1:35pm, ttx1 wrote:
nice! good to know you made this upgrade. It's well worth it. It's good you mentioned it to the decor about it yourself.
I have only asked for double front door option. but they told me it cannot be done for bishop floor plan. I m very regret that I should have asked about double patio door as well.
I just got an email from Aspen Ridge today to notify me about the pre-dry wall walk through. I will make an appointment for it.
anyways. I guess I just have to be extra careful next time from the lesson I have learned this time.

IP Logged
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: Mar 18th, 2013, 1:55pm »

on Mar 18th, 2013, 1:46pm, SamH wrote:
I bought a Louie too... but we did not upgrade to double door.... wife opposed to the idea... Cry

Sam, you know what I regret not upgrading? You know that stairs going from 2nd to 3rd floor? It would be nice if we added a window there to let some light in the staircase. On that side of the house, there's no windows at all.
IP Logged
SamH
Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Apr 3rd, 2013, 1:39pm »

pre-dry wall appointment , any one? Grin
IP Logged
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Apr 5th, 2013, 5:14pm »

on Apr 3rd, 2013, 1:39pm, SamH wrote:

No letters yet, should be soon.
IP Logged
ttx1
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: Apr 5th, 2013, 10:49pm »

on Apr 3rd, 2013, 1:39pm, SamH wrote:

Already did it last week! The next time go there should be pre-delivery inspection.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »