Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 19th, 2018, 8:26am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Communities in Cornell
   Upper Cornell
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Re: New Development by Regal Crest
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: New Development by Regal Crest  (Read 8564 times)
Adam_W
Supreme Villager

Cornell Resident since June 1998

« on: Jan 30th, 2015, 10:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has to be lands at NE corner of Buroak and 16th Ave, just West of the Northerly production of Black Creek Drive.
Owned by a ONT numbered company according to York Registry Office.
Lands East of that are in private ownership, and south of 16th is Cornell Rouge property.
IP Logged
den_cornell
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #1 on: May 6th, 2015, 2:01pm »

markham_lover, would you know if they would include any upgrades or perks?
IP Logged
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: May 8th, 2015, 9:08am »

Wow, 98X in Upper Cornell is crazy. Perhaps with a coach house or those random wider lots?

on May 6th, 2015, 1:50pm, markham_lover wrote:
Regal Crest Website is updated with the release date : 30th May 2015

Most likely they would be selling from a hotel

Towns starting 62X to 71X
Singles starting 78X to 98X (or could be million, based on the demand)

IP Logged
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: May 8th, 2015, 12:40pm »

Prices are up everywhere. Seeing that the most recent detached resale in Upper Cornell with a sold price of $778 without a coach, I'm not surprise to see these pricing from RC. Being a home owner in UC, personally it's great to see prices inflating. But the value is only on paper unless I sell and downsize. Whether it's worth it or not, in my opinion $850 for a 30 ft lot detached is kinda crazy, but hey people are still buying them. It good to be in a neighborhood where they are still building as the builders helps increase the value of home in the area in a much faster pace from influence of their new insane pricing. In terms of Regal Crest, I personally has never heard of them.  

on May 8th, 2015, 10:48am, markham_lover wrote:
Yes prices are crazy. If you see at greensborough recent sale of townhomes (in DC and Major Mac) some of them sold for over 720K. Do you think that is worth it?

I guess RC is suppose to be a premium builder so buyer like me has to pay the premium. Sad

IP Logged
suburbanite
Outstanding Villager

« Reply #4 on: May 8th, 2015, 10:00pm »

All seems to make sense in the wider GTA comparison. When Unionville is a million, North York is a million for 2 bedroom fixer upper, and midtown is a million for a semi...all seem to be simply the state of our market. Head to uxbridge or Queensville for better deals. or pay the price.

But I agree with the "on paper" comment. It feels good, and it's better than going the other way,  but doesn't mean all that much in practical terms.
IP Logged
gioanniso
Outstanding Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: May 11th, 2015, 12:26pm »

Uxbridge brand new homes are not cheap neither.  Check www.wyndance.com  New bungalow starts at low 900s.  That is expensive to me, considering that people could buy 10 acres of land at around $600k.on May 8th, 2015, 10:00pm, suburbanite wrote:
All seems to make sense in the wider GTA comparison. When Unionville is a million, North York is a million for 2 bedroom fixer upper, and midtown is a million for a semi...all seem to be simply the state of our market. Head to uxbridge or Queensville for better deals. or pay the price.

But I agree with the "on paper" comment. It feels good, and it's better than going the other way, but doesn't mean all that much in practical terms.

IP Logged
magnodrome
Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: May 11th, 2015, 2:46pm »

Be mindful that all new builds require the buyers to pay HST, that is why the house prices inflate to current levels.

IP Logged
gioanniso
Outstanding Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: May 11th, 2015, 3:44pm »

It's a risk to buy a home.  However, it is a risk not to buy a home as well.  People concern about rate hike, but seldom concern about rent hike?on May 11th, 2015, 3:01pm, markham_lover wrote:
Yes HST is included in the selling price which is also another factor for these crazy prices.

IP Logged
gioanniso
Outstanding Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: May 12th, 2015, 9:22am »

Thank you markham_lover.  I never hesitate to jump into the real estate market, as long as the trend is up.  In addition, I seldom listen to the government, nor the central bank future forecast for any rate hike hints.  In fact, I bought my 1st property as early as 1993, back in Hong Kong.
My earlier comment was to suggest those people that is sitting on the sideline for a 2nd thought in their purchase decision.on May 12th, 2015, 7:39am, markham_lover wrote:
I would say its worth of risk & you are not the only one who is taking this risk, same apply to everyone. Smiley

IP Logged
Adam_W
Supreme Villager

Cornell Resident since June 1998

« Reply #9 on: May 12th, 2015, 2:22pm »

There are 2 risks that I know of when purchasing a home, especially one at the top of your budget:

Interest rate hike:  This may not effect someone locked into a fixed rate mortgage until renewal time, but can have a significant effect on those with a variable rate mortgage.  Rates are low now, but even a 0.5% increase can result in a significant payment increase when applied. (1/2 % increase on $500,000 = $130 per month increase.)

House price versus Mortgage amount:  Right now prices are on their way up, and have been for a long time, but what if that trend reverses.  Lets say you put 20% down on your newly built house, for which you paid extra as it is new.  Five years from now when you renew your mortgage you may need to get an evaluation on the property prior to the bank accepting your renewal.  If prices stagnate, or decrease in the five years that all of your payments have been applied to the interest (Canadian Mortgage) then your house may not  longer be worth the 80% of the original purchase price you still owe the bank.  All of a sudden you may be required to pay down the difference between the evaluation price and the mortgage principal prior to the bank accepting your renewal.

So yes home ownership is worthwhile, for sure, but if you think it a risk to buy that top of the budget property, it may want to be a risk you carefully consider.
IP Logged
gioanniso
Outstanding Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: May 13th, 2015, 9:53am »

Nowadays, when big banks consider a mortgage application, they usually put a "stress test" on the applicants.  I.E. assuming the mortgage rate goes up by 3%, how's the applicant's ability to make payment.  Therefore, it is not easy to see 'call loans" to happen.  In addition, lots of 1st time home buyers were sponsored by their parents on the down payment.  Therefore, they could afford a home more than their purchase ability.  Although this is not a good sight to see, it is a reality.
on May 13th, 2015, 9:30am, markham_lover wrote:
I agree no one should go & buy out of their buget/pocket home.  

IP Logged
meowiejuie
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: May 13th, 2015, 12:12pm »

Base on the trending on prices, parents sponsoring their children will be the standard 20 yrs from now. How the heck are kids going to be able to afford a home.  

on May 13th, 2015, 9:53am, gioanniso wrote:
Nowadays, when big banks consider a mortgage application, they usually put a "stress test" on the applicants. I.E. assuming the mortgage rate goes up by 3%, how's the applicant's ability to make payment. Therefore, it is not easy to see 'call loans" to happen. In addition, lots of 1st time home buyers were sponsored by their parents on the down payment. Therefore, they could afford a home more than their purchase ability. Although this is not a good sight to see, it is a reality.

IP Logged
Mark Tang
Villager

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: May 14th, 2015, 2:10pm »

Any floor plans out?
IP Logged

Sales Representative at Homelife Bayview Realty Inc.
mtangrealtor@gmail.com
647-291-4585
cornelhome
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: May 18th, 2015, 6:00pm »

Hi,  

Does anyone know if 30' singles by RegalCrest are detached homes with two garages ? and since their booking time is at 11:00am on May 30 , do you think I should be there at 9:00am or even early?  Sorry for simple question as I have no knowledge of this area and planning to buy new homes in Cornell area.  

Thanks
IP Logged
cornelhome
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: May 19th, 2015, 1:58pm »

Thanks  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »