Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 23rd, 2017, 4:08am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Cornell Community Discussions
   Community Health and Safety Forum
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Drivers and Pedestrians Beware!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Drivers and Pedestrians Beware!  (Read 636 times)
jaydee
Outstanding Villager

I SP1! - YaBB love 1G

Drivers and Pedestrians Beware!
« on: Jan 27th, 2016, 1:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just these past two days, I observed two drivers going through intersections with all-way stop signs.    

One guy in a 2000's model BMW (license plate BBDS-something) along the new Cornell Centre Blvd going south blew right through TWO consecutive all-way stop intersections.  There was one intersection at which he slowed down, but that was because you can only turn at Church/Cornell Centre.  

One guy in a Yaris drove through all-way stop intersection at Riverlands/Cornell Rouge.  

Beware at all crossings.
IP Logged
bartimus
Outstanding Villager

Re: Drivers and Pedestrians Beware!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 1st, 2016, 4:24pm »

Saw another clown in a Nissan Altima (Dark grey) speeding through the stop sign at Riverlands and William Forster.

Be careful out there people
IP Logged
Adam_W
Supreme Villager

Cornell Resident since June 1998

« Reply #2 on: Feb 3rd, 2016, 2:17pm »

Cornell Park Avenue and Country Glen Lady in a 2004-2006 silver Honda Accord West bound....the driver couldn't be bothered to stop at the stop sign until she almost hit my car in the middle of the intersection.

I will say it again...We wonder why insurance is so high in this postal code.
The reason is that we have enough drivers living here who either are ignorant of the driving laws in this province, or believe that the rules do not apply to them.  
Either way the rest of us pay for their ineptness.
IP Logged
suburbanite
Outstanding Villager

« Reply #3 on: Feb 3rd, 2016, 8:25pm »

Cop sitting at Cornell Park and Bur oak at 7:15 AM this week. I figure looking for runners. They must have had calls.  

Call the non emerg number to report. Might get more police out and watching. More enforcement, more deterrence. Unreal that just plain logic is not enough...
IP Logged
KC19
Villager

« Reply #4 on: Feb 3rd, 2016, 10:49pm »

There's a blue Honda Civic coupe that's been probably doubling the speed limit on my street various times.  

I was out for a walk with my kid the other day and this same car decided to do a burnout at Country Glen and White's Hill.  

Pretty lame to be doing burnouts where you live.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »