Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2018, 11:53pm
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Cornell Community Discussions
   Community Health and Safety Forum
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   SNOW SHOVELS STOLEN
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: SNOW SHOVELS STOLEN  (Read 223 times)
Emperor
New Villager

SNOW SHOVELS STOLEN
« on: Jan 6th, 2018, 12:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I live on Country Glen rd. and on the morning of Christmas day I woke up to shovel the snow and found out both of my shovels were stolen from my front door. One was a Blue Ergonomic and the other was a Red color one. I think someone who wanted to make some extra cash by shoveling snow from residents but didn't have a shovel took them. I would have been more than happy to lend them the shovels if they would have asked for it and returned it later, rather than stealing them. I am very sad that people have lost their inner conscious and steal. If the person sees this post, pl return both the shovels to the address where you stole it from.
IP Logged
sweetdee
Active Villager

Re: SNOW SHOVELS STOLEN
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2018, 6:58pm »

We also live on Country Glen and have had everything from snow shovels to solar lights to plants stolen from the front of our house. We make a point of moving our shovels and brooms to the back door after we shovel. It's easier to wipe up the floor than it is to replace everything. Not everyone in Cornell is a nice person, I guess. Sorry that it had to happen to you, too.
IP Logged
suburbanite
Outstanding Villager

Re: SNOW SHOVELS STOLEN
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2018, 9:51pm »

That's pretty brazen...thinking that one through, if they're on foot, big item to run with. If a neighbour, easy to spot later on as yours. If in a car...well, who drives around looking for shovels to steal?  

Not that I'm approving of stealing on a value basis, but is a shovel worth it?

I wonder if your neighbours experienced the same thing. Maybe a drive by and they grabbed a bunch? Maybe someone has cameras.  

I will admit to having much cheaper furniture and planters out front compared to what's in back. Always wonder about expensive looking stuff out front when I see it on walks...even with a camera out front, we're not brave enough to risk it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »