Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 18th, 2017, 6:17pm
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   General Interest Discussions
   Sports and Recreation
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Bike Trails
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bike Trails  (Read 847 times)
kkey
Villager

Bike Trails
« on: Jun 12th, 2009, 6:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone know of any family friendly bike trails within 30 to 60 minutes from here?  we have a five year old so we are not looking for the mountain biking trails  

Thanks
IP Logged
nickleinonen
Supreme Villager

Re: Bike Trails
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12th, 2009, 9:26pm »

i've gone for walks in the oak ridges trails. the elevation changes were very minor and the path is pretty smooth. there was gravel and wood chip in different spots. it should be an easy ride.

there is also a pretty nice bike path along the don river. there is a good parking area at NW leslie and eglington. that path i think might start at lawrence and leslie. there is some garden there. i can't remember the name of it. it is pretty famous i think?

edit

edwards gardens is the name...
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2009, 9:27pm by nickleinonen » IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12th, 2009, 11:41pm »

I had also thought about getting a bike rack for my car.  I wasn't aware of the trail in Richmond Hill.   Here is a map of it.

http://www.richmondhill.ca/documents/corridor_park_management_plan.pdf

IP Logged
jmagder
Supreme Villager

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14th, 2009, 12:54pm »

on Jun 12th, 2009, 6:24pm, kkey wrote:
Does anyone know of any family friendly bike trails within 30 to 60 minutes from here? we have a five year old so we are not looking for the mountain biking trails  

Thanks

Have you tried Toogood pond?  Its not far away at all, right off 16th between Warden and Kennedy:

http://tinyurl.com/ml9ts5

You could park your car on one of the side streets on 16th, and ride through to Main Street Unionville, feed some of the bird in the pond and get some ice cream for the little ones after.  

Another possibility is Saddlecreek Park, at Steeles Ave and Leslie St:

http://tinyurl.com/n9v6jq

Its a longer path, but it doesn't have nearly as many pedestrians to look out for.  It ends at Leslie and Sheppard Ave, pretty close to Ikea, across from North York General Hospital.  If you cross the intersection there is a path behind the hospital which gets you pretty close to Edwards Gardens.  

All that being said, Toogood pond is probably your best bet for now, because civilization is always close by incase your kids get tired. Smiley

IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14th, 2009, 11:31pm »

You could also try Milne Park. You can park near Roy H. Crosby school and take a short path from there into the park.

Crosby Path
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2009, 11:33pm by SteveH » IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19th, 2009, 3:11pm »

I came across this link recently that list some of the trails around the GTA.  Most would be too difficult for a 5 year old, but in 3 years some of these could  be tackled.

http://www.bayviewcycle.com/NewFiles/Trails.html

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »