Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 21st, 2017, 12:44am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   General Interest Discussions
   Sports and Recreation
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Youth Soccer Reccomendations
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Youth Soccer Reccomendations  (Read 468 times)
TT2011
Villager

Email

Youth Soccer Reccomendations
« on: Apr 5th, 2016, 10:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My 7 year old is interested in playing soccer this upcoming season, he's pretty active and enjoys playing sports.  So far I've researched the Markham Soccer Club and Unionville Milliken Soccer Club, both seem comparable. This will be his first league soccer experience, does anyone have any suggestions or experience with these or other soccer clubs in the area?

Thanks.  
IP Logged
Adam_W
Supreme Villager

Cornell Resident since June 1998

Re: Youth Soccer Reccomendations
« Reply #1 on: Apr 5th, 2016, 11:38am »

Markham Soccer club seemed pretty good, but then again my wife and I coached our team.  We quit once the schedule increased to two nights a week, there was conflict with other activities, soccer lost in the "pick one" discussion.
IP Logged
aperez
Outstanding Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Youth Soccer Reccomendations
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25th, 2016, 4:16pm »

Hi,

I've had sons play in both those clubs, both competitive and house league.  I've also coached at both those clubs at both the same levels, over the last 10 years.

I personally am pretty happy with Markham overall.  They've gotten better and really become a bit more focused and 'serious' about providing a good experience for the kids.

However, at this age, I would just decide by whoever plays closer.  Unionville games tend to be out Warden area and Markham tend to be around Brother Andre and surrounding area.  I think 7 year olds play at Greensborough fields.

Whatever's easier to get him to, that's who i would go with at this level.  If he shows a penchant for it and might possibly play rep, then both clubs offer programs to help develop their skills.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »