Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 10:51am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Cornell Community Discussions
   New Urbanism Discussions
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Meeting to preview development plans at Bur Oak/7
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Meeting to preview development plans at Bur Oak/7  (Read 13280 times)
bartimus
Outstanding Villager

Re: Meeting to preview development plans at Bur Oa
« Reply #15 on: May 31st, 2013, 4:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 17th, 2013, 6:06pm, SteveH wrote:
The Town is against the changes from Lindvest. Linvest is actually one of 10 developers trying to redesignate employment lands to residential.

What are the implications of this? Does that mean that Lindvest's proposal for altering the high density areas will likely not happen? Does anyone know how this will impact the commercial block that's supposed to open in the next couple of years?
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #16 on: Jun 2nd, 2013, 2:00am »

on May 31st, 2013, 4:58pm, bartimus wrote:

What are the implications of this? Does that mean that Lindvest's proposal for altering the high density areas will likely not happen? Does anyone know how this will impact the commercial block that's supposed to open in the next couple of years?

The commercial project is a separate request and is going forward regardless of what is decided for the rest of the lands.
IP Logged
TheDanielsTeam
Outstanding Villager

More than just your neighbours in Cornell

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jun 2nd, 2013, 9:38am »

on May 22nd, 2013, 6:05pm, Goldie wrote:
Just Curious
The apartment building would be condo or rental units?

They will all be condos. FYI this is the note I received from Lindvest:

Kara:
Further to my last message I wish to inform you that DSC approved a recommendation that Council initiate a workshop style program to review and assess the merits of the various applications (Including Lindvest) Contrary to staffs recommendation for denial.  This will  go to Council next week and we assume that a further info on process will unfold in the coming weeks.
Thank you,
Richard Hahn
Lindvest
IP Logged

The Daniels Team
Real Estate and Mortgages
(416) 888-5272
www.thedanielsteam.ca
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #18 on: Jun 24th, 2013, 12:09pm »

Here is the presentation from Lindvest.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2013/Development%2 0Services/pl130521/Lindvest%20Presentation%20OP%20Employment%20Conversion.pdf
IP Logged
Adam_W
Supreme Villager

Cornell Resident since June 1998

« Reply #19 on: Jun 24th, 2013, 1:49pm »

The developer seems to be setting their sights on the slow eradication of all things from the original New Urbanism concept.  
By their time frame in 5 years there will be some new townhouses (Cornell will be 20 years old)
In 8 Years a few more town houses
15 years from now there will actually be some employment areas and some shopping facilities (Cornell will be 30 years old)
Sometime in the next 15 years the official plan will be revised (at least once) I will eat my hat if at that time the "concerned developers" who are always looking out for what is best for the residents of the area (LOL) will be saying that additional housing is required.
Cornell was originally a 10 year development plan, most of the delays can be blamed on the developers holding land until property values increase.  This amounts to Lindvest officially asking for permission to continue this trend.
I hope council votes this down, and gets some pressure on the developers to finish what was started 15 years ago.
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #20 on: Jun 13th, 2014, 11:10pm »

Here are more details on the proposal for commercial use on these lands.  There are a lot of issues that still need to be resolved.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2014/Development%2 0Services/pl140617/lindvest%20report.pdf
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #21 on: Dec 17th, 2014, 12:25am »

Lindvest has started to put up signage along Hwy 7 advertising Cornell Woods.  But there are still no details or timelines.

http://www.cornellwoods.ca/
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #22 on: Dec 19th, 2014, 9:38pm »

I noticed that the sign near Bur Oak mentioned that retail is coming in the spring of 2016.

I also came across this layout of the retail buildings.  So it looks like we will be getting a Sobeys, Shoppers, McDonalds, LCBO, Scotia Bank, TD Bank, RBC Bank + more.

http://www.dovcapital.com/files/Download/CORNELL2014.pdf
IP Logged
Cheetos85
Active Villager

« Reply #23 on: Dec 30th, 2014, 11:33am »

Thanks Steve! This is interesting and good news if the ball has begun rolling.

It'll be interesting for TD and RBC as they have locations close by in Boxgrove. TD also has one at 16th/Ninth.

Shoppers has so many across Hwy7 already and one just west of Ninth/Hwy7. Although I'm a little less concerned about Shoppers as they'll absorb any losses if it means keeping a competitor away from taking that location.
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #24 on: Dec 31st, 2014, 1:01am »

I think they'll close the shoppers west of 9th line and close the TD at Wooten Way.  I hope we'll see other restaurants moving in.
IP Logged
mixedfruit
Active Villager

« Reply #25 on: Jan 23rd, 2015, 11:33pm »

The idea of having a pedestrian bridge from the western (Grand Cornell) area interests me, is this for the most part confirmed or have I misinterpreted the planning documentation? I'm assuming it might be from the dead end path in the NE corner of Grand Cornell park over the stream to Bur Oak?

Also, just a tad bit concerned with a Sobey's anchoring the plaza (though I am happy with the potential that it'll be open 24hrs) since they just recently closed many of their supermarkets elsewhere. I was kinda hoping for a Metro since their new concept is quite good.  

Thank you to all the forum members (SteveH in particular) for keeping us all informed about this critical project. Anyone else have any other updates for the plaza? When is Bur Oak expected to be expanded southward? The signs say that the retails is coming Spring 2016... *Fingers crossed*
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2015, 11:34pm by mixedfruit » IP Logged

making grand cornell a better place since 2006
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #26 on: Sep 18th, 2015, 4:22pm »

It looks like Linvest is still trying to get their design approved for the south side of hwy 7, East of Bur Oak.  There is no mention in the design which grocery store is planned.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2015/Development%2 0Services/pl150922/lindvest%20report.pdf

IP Logged
mixedfruit
Active Villager

« Reply #27 on: Oct 25th, 2015, 8:35pm »

on Sep 18th, 2015, 4:22pm, SteveH wrote:
It looks like Linvest is still trying to get their design approved for the south side of hwy 7, East of Bur Oak. There is no mention in the design which grocery store is planned.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2015/Development%2 0Services/pl150922/lindvest%20report.pdf

Farm Boy please? http://www.farmboy.ca/
IP Logged

making grand cornell a better place since 2006
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »