Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 21st, 2017, 12:43am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Cornell Community Discussions
   New Urbanism Discussions
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Cornell High School
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cornell High School  (Read 6415 times)
Adam_W
Supreme Villager

Cornell Resident since June 1998

Re: Cornell High School
« Reply #15 on: Mar 5th, 2014, 1:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Speaking to Colin Campbell on the weekend I asked why the High School was not going to be built across  from the Community Centre.  A location which would allow the students to take advantage of the CCC&L library, indoor track, pool and other facilities including the proposed park at the rear of this location.
The basic answer:  The School Board Trustees are completely un-workable, an entity unto themselves that have no regard for common sense.  The Trustees basically "run the show" and have a "bottom up" structure whereas they pay no attention to what City Council or the city staff say or recommend.  
You would think that taking advantage of existing infrastructure would be a top priority, and an advantage to the fine people of Cornell, truth is the school trustees don't give a rats backside about anyone but themselves.
Unbelievable, this whole issue is now DEAD.
IP Logged
Goldie
Active Villager

If U love life, life will love U back

« Reply #16 on: Mar 26th, 2014, 11:05pm »

on Mar 1st, 2014, 2:51pm, SteveH wrote:
The Cornell High School was officially announced yesterday. It is opening in the fall of 2016 at Bur Oak and Almira at a cost of $38M. This is great news for Cornell. Smiley

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/4391031-new-high-school-to-be-built -in-markham/

According to the corrected version of the article above the new High school will open for 2017-18 school year. That's the same info on YRDSB website.

I got happy for a bit there after reading fall 2016 opening.    Cry
IP Logged
patpat
Active Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20th, 2015, 11:06pm »

May I ask where is the French Immersion school? would love to go to the open house for my younger one.
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #18 on: Feb 26th, 2015, 6:06pm »

Here is the site plan for the new high school. It will be a 3 storey building facing Bur Oak with a football sized field with running track around it. There is also a separate outdoor basketball court.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2015/Development%2 0Services/pl150303/york%20region%20school.pdf
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2015, 6:06pm by SteveH » IP Logged
ahmike
Village Moderator
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #19 on: Feb 26th, 2015, 6:59pm »

I'm still unclear on when this school is expected to open.  Page 2 of the report says YRDSB anticipates it will open Sept. 2016, but YRDSB's website says Sept. 2017. http://www.yrdsb.ca/Schools/NewSchools/Pages/default.aspx
IP Logged
Adam_W
Supreme Villager

Cornell Resident since June 1998

« Reply #20 on: Feb 27th, 2015, 9:45am »

Please tell me that that is not a 6 pack of portables at the Northwest corner of the site.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »