Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 17th, 2017, 3:38am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Cornell Community Discussions
   New Urbanism Discussions
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Here we go again...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Here we go again...  (Read 1828 times)
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

Here we go again...
« on: Jun 13th, 2014, 10:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The following proposal is for the North-West corner of Hwy 7 and Donald Cousens parkway.  I believe this property was recently sold and the new owners are proposing this.  They want to introduce garages out front of 15' wide homes in an area that designated in the official plan for higher density.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2014/Development%2 0Services/pl140617/auriga%20developments%20reports.pdf

I have so many concerns with this proposal including the precedent it will set.  By reducing the density we will limit the ability for future commercial along Hwy 7.  As far as I am concerned this plan is not worth discussing.  The developer is not a part of the Cornell developers group and seems to be going out on their own.  When they purchased this land they should have been aware of what was decided on in the Cornell Secondary plan.  I'd be willing to go to the OMB over this.  At some point the Secondary Plan needs to be adhered to otherwise it was a complete waste of time.
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

Re: Here we go again...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13th, 2014, 11:02pm »

Here is the original proposal from Flato for these lands.  I guess they were not getting anywhere quickly so they sold the lands and now the next developer will try to push their plan through.

http://www.cornellvillage.ca/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=urban;action=dis play;num=1383573296
IP Logged
Happy_face
Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17th, 2014, 3:40pm »

Agree. New builder needs to align with Secondary Cornell Plan. Please let us know if we can attend this meeting to voice our concerns.
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20th, 2014, 4:48pm »

Here a link to the minutes from the public meeting. The rest of the Cornell developers are actually pushing for rear lane product so that this development ties into what they have developed or plan to develop.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2014/Development%2 0Services/pl140624/DSC%20Public%20Minutes%20June%2017,%202014.pdf

"Niomi Massey, representing Cornell Rouge Development Corp., indicated that a comprehensive  
block plan is required for this site in consultation with Cornell Rouge and the Cornell Developers  
Group. Ms. Massey also presented an alternate concept plan for this area that is consistent with  
the lane based product of the Cornell Community. "
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2014, 4:49pm by SteveH » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »