Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 17th, 2017, 10:49am
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members MembersIRC IRC Login Login Register Register
   Cornell Bulletin Board and Forum
   Cornell Community Discussions
   New Urbanism Discussions
(Moderators: Admin, ahmike, Rich_and_Val)
   Closure of Cornell Centre Boulevard
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Closure of Cornell Centre Boulevard  (Read 1766 times)
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

Closure of Cornell Centre Boulevard
« on: Mar 17th, 2015, 9:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cornell Centre Boulevard will be closed permanently just south of Almira/Shady Oaks. It will be rerouted through the edge of Mattamy's homes to Church Street. There is currently no timeline to extend south to Hwy 7 so we'll need to go over to Bur Oak to get to Hwy 7.  See map on last page of link.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2015/Development%2 0Services/pl150324/cornell%20centre%20report.pdf
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2015, 9:55pm by SteveH » IP Logged
scoons
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Closure of Cornell Centre Boulevard
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2015, 11:08pm »

From my understanding, the community park couldn't be developed until Cornell Centre Blvd was re-routed. Since there is now a time line for this to happen, I wonder when we will see the development of the community park. Has anyone heard anything about this?
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26th, 2015, 7:40pm »

I have not heard any news on the park.  But I do agree this road realignment should open the discussion to complete the park now.

Here are some more details on the closure of Cornell Centre Blvd and the extension of William Forster Road along with a map.  Everything should be completed by October.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs/indexfile/Agendas/2015/Development%2 0Services/pl150324/cornell%20centre%20report.pdf
IP Logged
Cheetos85
Active Villager

« Reply #3 on: Apr 7th, 2015, 10:28am »

This is exciting news! Hopefully the talks on the park pick up. Hoping the realignment will curb some the excessive speed that was going through Cornell Centre but really hoping it doesn't divert it into other areas.
IP Logged
Shaun_C
Supreme Villager

« Reply #4 on: Apr 8th, 2015, 12:00am »

I'm also super excited that park talk can begin.  This community park has fantastic potential! Cheesy

shaun
IP Logged
scoons
New Villager

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 8th, 2015, 8:18am »

I found a document online from the City of Markham asking for bids for the development of the park. It seems to be moving in the right direction!
IP Logged
bartimus
Outstanding Villager

« Reply #6 on: Apr 9th, 2015, 10:27am »

I'm a little confused about the map in the document mentioned a few posts above, relating to the William Forster construction.

What's the point of the blue-highlited portion between Honey Glen and Cumer Gate? Seems like they're building a new road right alongside existing Cornel Centre there. Why not just rename Cornel Centre in at portion like they did with the brown-highlighted section.
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #7 on: Apr 9th, 2015, 1:04pm »

on Apr 8th, 2015, 8:18am, scoons wrote:
I found a document online from the City of Markham asking for bids for the development of the park. It seems to be moving in the right direction!

The bid was for the design of the park and it closed on March 19th.  In the next few weeks they will likely announce the bid winner and then the design process will start.
IP Logged
SteveH
Registered Village Donor
Supreme Villager

« Reply #8 on: Apr 9th, 2015, 9:13pm »

This section of William Forster was always planned to replace that section of Cornell Centre Blvd.  Notice how the new bend is aligned with Pyneside allowing for townhomes to be built around the curve.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »